All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaybe this book should have been entitled Wisdom Tooth, because it relates the author's determination to learn and grow with his advocation as a dentist. The reader will learn what is involved in becoming a dentist. The author clearly explains (with over 380 color photographs) how dental procedures are performed, how people can maintain a healthy mouth (and save money in dental bills) and why disease and deterioration occur. You'll learn how to avoid root canal treatment, how to avoid wearing dentures and how to avoid gum surgery. Also, important information is presented regarding the care of children's teeth and the need for orthodontics. Controversies regarding mercury in silver fillings, vitamin and mineral supplements, HMO dentistry, and dental implants are explained. This is a great book for students and health professionals who are interested in science and its relationship to the human body. This book will help you understand First Class Dental Care.
- Author BiographyDavid Vine was born April 26, 1947 in Brooklyn, New York. The family moved to Fairlawn, New Jersey where David's uncle ran a world famous night club. In the early 50's David and his family moved to Miami Beach, Florida where his dad bought a south beach hotel. David graduated from Miami Beach Senior High School in 1965. Though trained in music (playing sax and piano) he studied zoology at the University of South Florida. He received a scholarship and early acceptance to the Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, University of Maryland. He graduated with the degree of Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) in 1972. Following three years of practice in Boston, Massachusetts, he returned to Miami. He has been in private practice in Miami Beach ever since. During his expanded studies, Dr. Vine learned to perform specialty procedures including periodontal, oral surgical and endodontic procedures. Restorative and implant therapy are also performed in his office. He is an instructor in the implant group at the Dade County Dental Research Clinic.
- Author(s)David Vine D D S
- PublisherDavid Vine
- Date of Publication01/12/2001
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDentistry & Dental Nursing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDavid Vine
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width203 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.