All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionUNDERSTANDING FOOD: PRINCIPLES AND PREPARATION is your introductory guide to learning about foods, food preparation, food service, and food science. Integrating these key topics with relevant information about nutrition and the food industry, the Fifth Edition gives you a thorough overview of the different dimensions of food principles-and insight into the variety of career options available in the food industry. Numerous photographs and illustrations help you understand and apply what you read.
- Author BiographyAmy Christine Brown received her PhD from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in 1986 in the field of Human Nutrition and Foods. She has been a college professor and a registered dietitian with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics since 1986. Dr. Brown currently teaches at the University of Hawaii's John A. Burns School of Medicine in the Department of Complementary and Alternative Medicine. Her research interests are in the area of bioactive plant substances beneficial to health and medical nutrition therapy. Some of the studies she has conducted include Diet and Crohn's disease, Potentially harmful herbal supplements, Kava beverage consumption and the effect on liver function tests, and The effectiveness of kukui nut oil in treating psoriasis. Selected research journal publications include: Position of the American Dietetic Association: functional foods ( Journal of the American Dietetic Association ); The Hawaii Diet: Ad libitum high carbohydrate, low fat multi-cultural diet for the reduction of chronic disease risk factors ( Hawaii Medical Journal ); Lupus erythematosus and nutrition: A review ( Journal of Renal Nutrition ); Dietary survey of Hopi elementary school students ( Journal of the American Dietetic Association ); Serum cholesterol levels of nondiabetic and streptozotocin-diabetic rats ( Artery ); Infant feeding practices of migrant farm laborers in northern Colorado ( Journal of the American Dietetic Association ); Body mass index and perceived weight status in young adults ( Journal of Community Health ); Dietary intake and body composition of Mike Pigg-1988 Triathlete of the Year ( Clinical Sports Medicine ); and numerous newspaper nutrition columns.
- Author(s)Amy Brown
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication21/09/2013
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1675 g
- Width223 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.