All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCompletely updated to the 2016 ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding guidelines and packed with practical applications, UNDERSTANDING ICD-10-CM AND ICD-10-PCS: A WORKTEXT, 3E delivers a comprehensive presentation of the ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS diagstic and procedural coding system. Extremely hands-on, this unique worktext offers engaging, detailed coverage, while numerous learning tools help you thoroughly review the concepts in each chapter. You can immediately begin putting what you learn into real-world practice through timely exercises, meaningful coding assignments, and actual case studies. Vivid color illustrations emphasize how a thorough kwledge of anatomy and disease processes will positively impact your coding accuracy. Trust this hands-on resource to prepare you for diagstic and procedural coding success in today's medical environment.
- Author BiographyMary Jo Bowie is the owner of Health Information Professional Services in Binghamton, New York, which has provided medical record consultative services for various health facilities for more than 25 years. She served as an instructor in Health Information Technology Programs for more than 20 years, teaching such courses as Inpatient Coding, Ambulatory Care Coding, Quality Assurance, Survey of Healthcare and Computers in Healthcare. Ms. Bowie is now the Health Information Management and Medical Coding program director at Mount Wachusett Community College and an associate professor. She develops all course content within the curriculum, including ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM/PCS courses, CPT/HCPCS courses, Introduction and Advanced Health Data courses. Ms. Bowie is a registered Health Information Administrator and an accredited Health Information Technician. She is an active member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and is also an AHIMA ICD-10-CM/PCS-approved Train the Trainer. She served on the New York State Health Information Association Board of Directors from 1989 to 1991 and was education director and on the Ambulatory Coding Guideline Committee. Ms. Bowie was the New York State nominee for the National Award for Literacy Contribution to Profession, 1993 and 1994. She is a National and Regional speaker on ICD-9-CM, CPT and ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS, as well as a trusted course writer for Cengage Learning. Ms. Bowie holds an Associate of Arts Degree, a Bachelor of Science Degree and a Master of Science Degree. She has conducted more than 50 national training seminars on ICD-10-CM/PCS coding.
- Author(s)Mary Jo Bowie,Regina Schaffer
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication12/02/2016
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Out-of-print date31/01/2017
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1520 g
- Width237 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Contained items statementContains Spiral bound and Online resource
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.