Understanding Interpersonal Communication: Making Choices in Changing Times by Richard West, Lynn H. Turner (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $149.01Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $85.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWest and Turner's UNDERSTANDING INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION: MAKING CHOICES IN CHANGING TIMES, Enhanced Second Edition, empowers you by providing both the kwledge and practical skills you need to be effective communicators in today's rapidly changing and techlogically advanced society. An invative theory-skill framework, integrated in every chapter, uniquely combines theory and practice, eliminating the perceived division between them while clarifying their fundamental interconnections. The text powerfully supports skill development; rather than telling you how to communicate, the authors list a toolbox of key skills pertaining to each theory so you can actively choose and experiment with strategies appropriate for a given situation. Filled with realistic examples and scenarios that reflect the diversity and interactions of today's students, UNDERSTANDING INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION: MAKING CHOICES IN CHANGING TIMES, Enhanced Second Edition, makes clear connections between theory, skills, and the life situations we all encounter on a daily basis. This enhanced second edition includes the student workbook bound in at the end of the text, with chapter goals, outlines, interactive student activities, InfoTrac(R) activities, and journal entries.
- Author BiographyLynn H. Turner is Professor in Communication Studies at Marquette University, and former chair of the department. Lynn received her B.A from University of Illinois, her M.A. from University of Iowa and her Ph.D. from Northwestern University. At Marquette she currently teaches interpersonal communication at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, among other courses. Additionally, she directs Marquette's interdisciplinary family studies minor. Her research areas of emphasis include interpersonal, gender, and family communication. She is the co-author or co-editor of over 10 books as well as many articles and book chapters. Her articles have appeared in several journals including: Management Communication Quarterly, Journal of Applied Communication Research, Women and Language, and Western Journal of Communication. Her books include: From the Margins to the Center: Contemporary Women and Political Communication (co-authored with Patricia Sullivan; Praeger, 1996; recipient of the 1997 Best Book Award from the Organization for the Study of Communication, Language and Gender), Gender in Applied Communication Contexts (co-edited with Patrice Buzzanell and Helen Sterk), She has been honored by the OSCLG as one of the outstanding women in communication. Rich West is Professor in the Department of Communication Studies at Emerson College in Boston. At Emerson, he served as the Department Chair for several years, as the Acting Director of the Institute for Liberal Arts and Interdisciplinary Studies, and as the Project Director of the Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning. He is past President of the Eastern Communication Association, where he received the Past Officer's Award and was recognized as a Distinguished Research Fellow in the Association. Rich is also the former Director of NCA's Educational Policies Board. Both Illinois State University (B.A./M.A.) and Ohio University (Ph.D.) have recognized him as an Outstanding Alum in Communication Studies. He has written extensively in the area of classroom communication and has been recognized as a Leading Scholar in Classroom Communication by the Communication Institute for Online Scholarship. Together, Rich and Lynn have co-authored 5 books in multiple editions. They are also co-editors of both the Handbook of Family Communication and The Family Communication Sourcebook, which won the National Communication Association's Outstanding Book Award from the Family Communication Division. In addition, Rich and Lynn are the recipients of the Bernard J. Brommel Award for Outstanding Scholarship and Service in Family Communication. They have also both served as President of the National Communication Association.
- Author(s)Lynn H. Turner,Richard West
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight1110 g
- Width202 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Enhanced
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.