All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionA welcome re-issue of this popular introduction to Jamaican patois and grammar, this essential guide provides a fascinating overview of the English language as spoken in Jamaica and also includes a childhood tale written in dialect.
- Author BiographyEmile Adams was born in Minnesota in 1941. Her studies at Harvard-Radcliffe were followed by two years working in East and North Africa. On her return to the USA in 1964, she worked for the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi. She emigrated to Jamaica in 1971, where she was married and had two children. She became a Jamaican citizen in 1979.
- Author(s)L.Emilie Adams
- PublisherLMH Publishing
- Date of Publication10/01/2002
- LanguageCreoles and Pidgins, English-based (Other) & English
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationKingston
- Country of PublicationJamaica
- ImprintLMH Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.