All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a critical survey of the complete body of work by the author of Catch-22 . In this revised edition, Sanford Pinsker explores the idiosyncratic vision that permeates Heller's writings, as he maps the dark terrain Heller carved out, vel by vel, with considerable verbal dazzle and the uncompromising outrage of the classical satirist. This updated edition includes new chapters on Closing Time, the sequel to Catch-22 ; Now and Then , Heller's memoir of growing up in Brooklyn; Portrait of an Artist, as an Old Man, his posthumously published vel; and Catch as Catch Can , a collection of assorted short stories and sketches.
- Author BiographySanford Pinsker is an emeritus professor of humanities at Franklin and Marshall College in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, where he taught courses in American literature and creative writing for nearly forty years.
- Author(s)Sanford Pinsker
- PublisherUniversity of South Carolina Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2009
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleUnderstanding Contemporary American Literature
- Place of PublicationSouth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of South Carolina Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Series Edited byMatthew J. Bruccoli
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.