All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding Learning Disability and Dementia covers all the essential issues in supporting a person with a learning disability when they develop dementia. Like the population at large, people with learning disabilities are living longer, and therefore an increasing number are developing dementia. Service providers, planners, doctors, social workers, carers and direct support staff need to be equipped with relevant kwledge prior to the onset of dementia, so that they can devise appropriate therapeutic interventions and coping strategies, including health and medication management and palliative care. This book will provide essential kwledge for anyone involved in the provision of services, assessment of need and direct care and support for dementia sufferers who also have a learning disability.
- Author BiographyDiana Kerr has worked for many years as practitioner, educator, trainer and researcher in the fields of dementia and learning disability. She runs numerous courses on learning disability and dementia for voluntary, statutory and private providers, as well as for carers. She is currently a Research Fellow at the University of Edinburgh.
- Author(s)Diana Kerr
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication19/09/2007
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.