Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does it me an to be literate? What does it mean to be a cognizing individual? What is the nature of cognizing? These are t new questions. They have been treated as philosophical puzzles to be pondered systema tically in the hope of some eventual solution. They have also been viewed as sets of language games with their own rules to enable the individual to understand the world. These age-old and significant issues gain renewed meaning with our advances in techlogy and neurosciences. Psychologists and educators would need to be aware of the explicit kwledge needed to prepare their students to be literate individuals. These were some of the questions that a small number of psychologists, educators, and computer scientists attempted to answer when they gathered for the Symposium Literacy and Cognition, which was held at the University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada from 29th to 31st October, 1987. The occasion also marked the sixtieth anniversary of the College of Education of the University, which had as its beginning the Normal School for the Province of Saskatchewan. We are grateful to the presenters for their presentations and their written papers, and also to our other colleagues from the United States and Sweden for their contributions to the multi faceted theme of literacy and cognition. There are many other people whom we would like to thank. These include: Dr. Sylvia Fedoruk, Chancellor of the University and Lieutenant Goverr of Saskatchewan, for her opening remarks at the Symposium; Dr.
- Date of Publication08/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight576 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byB S Randhawa,C K Leong
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.