All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionManagement is a fragmented and interdisciplinary area of study, with a lot of academic branches. Willman argues this tree is narrower at its roots, and these roots lie primarily in social science. Key to the purpose of the book is to present management theory as applied social science. Developed out of a core management course at Master's level, this book introduces the field to students who may have little prior kwledge of management. Willman interprets 'management' broadly to embrace the sub-disciplines of strategy, finance, accounting, marketing, organisational behaviour and operations management. The text aims to show how they arose and how they relate, thus engaging the reader in a little history. The book is integrative, in that it seeks to find common concerns in disparate literatures. It is also critical in that it seeks to comparatively evaluate contributions to the management field both in terms of theoretical contribution and practical impact. It is intended to be accessible to a range of readers, presenting technical materials in an informal way. Finally, it is introductory in that it assumes previous kwledge of the academic management field.
- Author BiographyPaul Willman is a Professor of Management at LSE. He was head of the Employment Relations and Organisational Behaviour Group from 2008-11. He designed and launched the two year Masters' in Management degree, and launched a modular Executive version (Global MiM) in 2013. He was Professorial Fellow of Balliol College, Oxford and the inaugural Ernest Butten Professor of Management Studies in the Said Business School, Oxford University, 2000-2006. He was Director of Executive Education at Oxford 2001-3 and founding Director of the Oxford EMBA. He was Professor of Organisational Behaviour and Industrial Relations at London Business School from 1991-2000, Director of the Sloan Msc Programme, 1989-92 and Head of the Organisational Behaviour Group 1998-2000.
- Author(s)Paul Willman
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication20/08/2014
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight512 g
- Width174 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $23.89Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.