All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding Maths is a series of topic-based study books for children in Key Stage 2, providing rigorous practice of key subject areas. Each topic contains a concise summary of the information required by the National Curriculum, making the series ideal for use as preparation for the Key Stage 2 tests. Each book is a stand-alone resource, so children can either work through them in order or focus on individual aspects of the subject. Together, the nine books support the whole of the Key Stage 2 maths curriculum, providing a solid foundation for success in maths. Problem Solving meets the National Curriculum requirements for Key Stage 2 maths, and covers the following areas: choosing operations, solving word problems, number puzzles, scaling, time, large numbers, negative numbers, square numbers, shape puzzles, money problems, fractions, decimals, percentages, ratio and the distributive law. This book develops strategies for solving different maths problems, from deciphering the question to deciding on a solution. Key features of Understanding Maths include: an 'Explanation' to introduce each topic; activities to consolidate and revise kwledge and skills; thought-provoking facts to foster a love of learning beyond the National Curriculum; regular 'Progress tests' and a 'Final test' to track children's development.
- Author(s)Hilary Koll,Steve Mills
- PublisherSchofield & Sims Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2015
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Series TitleUnderstanding Maths
- Place of PublicationWest Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSchofield & Sims Ltd
- Weight193 g
- Width211 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine1 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.