All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMental health is a significant factor in providing effective nursing care for patients in hospital and residential settings. Non-mental health nursing staff often lack the confidence, kwledge and skills to effectively meet the mental health needs of patients who are experiencing psychiatric problems and psychological distress. Mental Health Care for Nurses: Applying Mental Health Skills in the General Hospital provides a step-by-step guide which will help nurses identify these needs and address them in practice.The first part of Mental Health Care for Nurses: Applying Mental Health Skills in the General Hospital explores the context of mental health care in hospital and residential settings and provides a practical framework for assessment, planning and delivery of mental health care. The second part explores specific topics such as self-harm and suicide prevention, caring for the patient displaying challenging behaviour, maternal and perinatal mental health problems, mental health problems associated with old age, mood disorders, and illicit drug and alcohol dependence.
- Author BiographyAnthony Harrison is Consultant Nurse in Liaison Psychiatry and Visiting Fellow, University of the West of England, Bristol. Chris Hart is Nurse Consultant in Liaison Psychiatry and Principle Lecturer, Kingston. The contributors are all consultant nurses in liaison psychiatry.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication10/02/2006
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note9 illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width173 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byAnthony Harrison,Chris Hart
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.