All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionMore than one million readers make UNDERSTANDING NUTRITION the best-selling introductory nutrition book on the market today! Now in its 14th Edition, this book maintains the quality and support that discerning readers demand in nutrition applications and science that are ideal at introductory levels. New and updated topics refresh every chapter, along with the emphasis on active learning, assignable content, and integrated resources that help you advance your kwledge and career. Connecting with you through an approachable writing style, UNDERSTANDING NUTRITION, 14th Edition includes twenty chapters on topics such as diet planning, macronutrients, vitamins and minerals, diet and health, fitness, life span nutrition, food safety, and world hunger, among others. Combined with a carefully developed art program and a variety of interactive activities, UNDERSTANDING NUTRITION, 14th Edition continues to set the standard for introductory nutrition texts.
- Author BiographyEllie Whitney, PhD grew up in New York City and received her B.A. and Ph.D. degrees in English and biology at Radcliffe/Harvard University and Washington Universities, respectively. She has taught at both Florida State University and Florida A&M University, has written newspaper columns on environmental matters for the Tallahassee Democrat, and has authored almost a dozen college textbooks on nutrition, health, and related topics, many of which have been revised multiple times over the years. In addition to teaching and writing, she has spent the past three-plus decades exploring outdoor Florida and studying its ecology. Her latest book is Priceless Florida: The Natural Ecosystems (Pineapple Press, 2004). Sharon Rady Rolfes is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and founding member of Nutrition and Health Associates, an information resource center that manages a research database of more than 1,000 nutrition-related topics. Previously, Ms. Rolfes taught at Florida State University and coauthored several other college textbooks, including Understanding Nutrition. In addition to writing, Ms. Rolfes consults on educational projects, and volunteers on the board of Working Well, a community initiative dedicated to creating a healthy workforce. A member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, she received her MS in Nutrition and Food Science from Florida State University.
- Author(s)Eleanor Whitney,Sharon Rady Rolfes
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCengage Learning, Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2087 g
- Width236 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Edition Statement14th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.