All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $25.65Free postage
- AU $20.00Was:AU $27.99
About this product
- DescriptionA finalist for the 2001 Nautilus Award, Understanding Our Mind, is Thich Nhat Hanh s profound look at Buddhist psychology with insights into how these ancient teachings apply to the modern world. Based on the fifty verses on the nature of consciousness taken from the great fifth-century Buddhist master Vasubandhu and the teachings of the Avatamsaka Sutra, Thich Nhat Hanh focuses on the direct experience of recognizing, embracing, and looking deeply into the nature of our feelings and perceptions. Presenting the basic teachings of Buddhist applied psychology, Understanding Our Mind shows us how our mind is like a field, where every kind of seed is planted seeds of suffering, anger, happiness, and peace. The quality of our life depends on the quality of the seeds in our mind. If we kw how to water seeds of joy and transform seeds of suffering, then understanding, love, and compassion will flower. Vietnamese Zen Master Thuong Chieu said, When we understand how our mind works, the practice becomes easy.
- Author BiographyThich Nhat Hanh is one of the most revered Zen teachers in the world today. His best-selling books include Happiness and Peace Is Every Step. He lives in Plum Village in southwest France, where he teaches the art of mindful living.
- Author(s)Thich Nhat Hanh
- PublisherParallax Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2006
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintParallax Press
- Weight395 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.