All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding Physical Development in the Early Years provides an accessible introduction to the current research and thinking in this area alongside descriptions of everyday practice. It explores the kinds of activities and experiences that promote physical development and offers practical guidance on how these can be facilitated. Physical development plays a crucial role in young children's learning, behaviour and emotional health and is w recognised as a prime area in the revised Early Years Foundation Stage. It is therefore essential that those working in the early years sector provide children with a wide range of opportunities for movement and sensory experiences. Drawing on current legislation and the requirements of the EYFS, the book covers all aspects of physical development and includes: * reflection tasks, summaries and impact on practice sections; * guidance on issues that can cause concern such as health and safety, rough and tumble play, gender and the effective use of indoor and outdoor space; * advice on the role of the practitioner and ideas for working with parents and families; * information on the different stages of physical development. Written by leading consultants, this book will be essential reading for early years students and practitioners that want to fully understand young children's physical development and provide opportunities that urish children's overall learning and physical and emotional wellbeing.
- Author BiographyAnne O'Connor is an experienced teacher, with specialist knowledge in the Early Years Foundation Stage, currently working as an independent consultant, trainer and writer. Anna Daly is an experienced independent community dance artist, trainer and lecturer, with specialist knowledge in early years and family work.
- Author(s)Anna Daly,Anne O'Connor
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/04/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note16 black & white halftones
- Weight520 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.