All listings for this product
Save on Other
- AU $28.28Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $20.03
- AU $12.54Trending at AU $12.92
- AU $18.01Trending at AU $34.82
- AU $15.00Trending at AU $26.03
- AU $21.99Trending at AU $23.17
- AU $16.36Trending at AU $17.20
About this product
- DescriptionPhysician-pharmaceutical industry interactions continue to generate heated debate in academic and public domains, both in the United States and abroad. Despite this, recent research suggests that physicians and physicians-in-training remain uninformed of the core issues and are ill-prepared to understand pharmaceutical industry promotion. Furthermore, few medical curricula address this issue, despite warnings of the imperative need to address this gap in the education of tomorrow's physicians. There is a vast medical literature on this topic, but single, concise resource. This book aims to fill that gap by providing a resource that explains the essential elements of this subject. The text makes the reader more aware of the key ethical issues and allows the reader to be a more savvy interpreter of industry promotion, have a heightened awareness of the public and medical legal consequences of some physician-pharmaceutical industry interactions, and be better equipped to handle real-life encounters with industry.
- Author BiographyShaili Jain, MD, attended Liverpool Medical School in England and completed her postgraduate training in the United States. She currently works as a General Adult Psychiatrist with Aurora Behavioral Health Services and is also Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee.
- Author(s)Shaili Jain
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication16/04/2007
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight224 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.