All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first balanced introduction to Plato's work to bringing Plato himself alive, as well as discussing the importance of his works. In so doing, it allows a better understanding of who he was, what sort of world he inhabited, why his works were important in his own day, and why, two thousand years after his death, they are still regarded as so significant. By also describing the Greek society in which Plato lived, it succeeds in placing his work firmly in context for modern readers.
- Author BiographyDavid Melling is former Dean of the Faculty of Humanities, Law, and Social Science at Manchester Polytechnic.
- Author(s)David J. Melling
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication19/11/1987
- Series TitleOPUS
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford Paperbacks
- Content Notebibliography
- Weight268 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.