All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis extensively revised and expanded fifth edition of Understanding Popular Music Culture provides an accessible and comprehensive introduction to the production, distribution, consumption and meaning of popular music, and the debates that surround popular culture and popular music. Reflecting the continued proliferation of popular music studies, the new music industry in a digital age, and the emergence of new stars, this new edition has been reorganized and extensively updated throughout, making for a more coherent and sequenced coverage of the field. These updates include: * two new chapters entitled 'The Real Thing': Authenticity, covers and the can and 'Time Will Pass You By': Histories and popular memory * new case studies on artists including The Rolling Stones, Lorde, One Direction and Taylor Swift * further examples of musical texts, genres, and performers throughout including additional coverage of Electronic Dance Music * expanded coverage on the importance of the back catalogue and the box set; reality television and the music biopic * greater attention to the role and impact of the internet and digital developments in relation to production, dissemination, mediation and consumption; including the role of social network sites and streaming services * each chapter w has its own set of expanded references to facilitate further investigation. Additional resources for students and teachers can also be found on the companion website (www.routledge.com/cw/shuker), which includes additional case studies, links to relevant websites and a discography of popular music metagenres.
- Author BiographyRoy Shuker is Adjunct Professor in Media Studies at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand. His previous publications include Understanding Popular Music Culture (fourth edition, 2012) and Popular Music: The Key Concepts (third edition, 2012).
- Author(s)Roy Shuker
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/02/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight624 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.