All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding Psychopathology: An Integral Exploration provides an up-to-date, honest, comprehensive exploration of what we kw about the causes of and treatments for mental disorders from physiological, cultural, and social perspectives. In layperson's terms the authors present the theories of etiology for each disorder from each perspective, examinations of the treatments for each, and real-world case studies to make the concepts clear. Readers get a solid understanding of the history of DSM-5 and why it alone is t eugh to write a rich clinical picture of a client's suffering. Disorders covered include Depression, Anxiety, Substance Use Disorders, Schizophrenia, Bipolar I Disorder, Sexual Disorders, Psychological trauma, Eating Disorders, and Sleep Wake Disorders.
- Author BiographyElliott Ingersoll is a licensed psychologist and clinical counselor in Ohio. He is professor of counseling/ counseling psychology and Distinguished Faculty Member at Cleveland State University. His research interests span a broad spectrum including psychopathology, mental health diagnosis, psychopharmacology, and spirituality in counseling and psychotherapy. He has authored or co-authored six books and dozens of peer-reviewed papers and book chapters on mental health related topics. What unites his research interests is a free thought approach to integral theory. His latest project is educating people about the lies perpetrated by the pharmaceutical industry especially where medicating children is concerned. His TEDxCleveland talk on this topic is at http://www.tedxcle.com/. Andre Marquis is a licensed mental health counselor in New York; he is also an associate professor in counseling and human development at the University of Rochester. His teaching, research, and scholarly interests include counseling theories, psychotherapy integration and unification, group therapy, relational psychodynamics, developmental constructivism, human change processes, and integral theory as it provides a framework to coherently organize theory and practice. Other scholarly interests of his include critical analyses of dominant trends within the mental health field, from the ways that mental disorders are constructed and conceptualized to methodological issues involved in the empirically-supported treatment and evidence-based practice movements. Marquis has authored The Integral Intake: A Guide to Comprehensive Idiographic Assessment in Integral Psychotherapy, Theoretical Models of Counseling and Psychotherapy, and dozens of peer-reviewed scholarly articles. Marquis serves in various editorial roles for national publications, including the Journal of Psychotherapy Integration, the Journal of Unified Psychotherapy and Clinical Practice, and the Journal of Integral Theory and Practice, and is on the advisory board of the Unified Psychotherapy Project. He has taught more than 20 different courses in psychology, counseling, and human development.
- Author(s)Andre Marquis,R. Elliott Ingersoll
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication08/06/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight812 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.