Understanding Research and Evidence-Based Practice in Communication Disorders: A Primer for Students and Practitioners by William O. Haynes, Carole E. Johnson (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $183.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $253.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding Research and Evidence-Based Practice in Communication Disorders is an engaging, student-friendly text that explores the connection between common communication science research methods and clinical practice. Covering both the conceptual and the quantitative aspects of research methods, evidence-based practice, experimental design, and statistics, this book both elucidates various models of research and practice and explains how these models are important to the greater field of communication science. While some students and practitioners find many books on research, evidence-based practice, and statistical concepts to be intimidating, abstract, and dry, Understanding Research and Evidence-Based Practice in Communication Disorders strives to emphasize t only the ideas surrounding evidence-based practice but also how its principles can be applied in clinical practice. The text also includes a number of helpful study aides such as learning objectives, learning activities, and a glossary, all of which help shed considerable light on these challenging and sometimes daunting subjects.
- Author BiographyWilliam O. Haynes has been teaching courses in speech-language pathology at the university level for over thirty years and is currently a professor at Auburn University. Having written over fifty scientific articles and textbooks, Dr. Haynes is the author of Communication Disorders in the Classroom (Jones & Bartlett, 2006), Diagnosis and Evaluation in Speech Pathology (Allyn & Bacon, 2003) and Communication Development (Williams and Wilkins, 1998). Carole E. Johnson is a professorat Auburn University and has been teaching courses in audiology at the university level for almost twenty years. She has over 45 publications and has successfully written federal grants for many of her projects. Dr. Johnson is the author of Handbook of Outcomes Measurement in Audiology (Singular-Thomson, 2002) and Guidebook for Support Programs in Aural Rehabilitation (Singular-Thompson, 1999).
- Author(s)Carole E. Johnson,William O. Haynes
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication24/10/2008
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationOld Tappan
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllyn & Bacon
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1080 g
- Width196 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $56.86Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.