All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBorn in the 1970s as a radical challenge to traditional baseball statistics, sabermetrics has developed into a new way of understanding many aspects of the game. Its practitioners have created new statistical tools and revised our old ways of thinking about established measures such as the batting average, tactics such as the sacrifice bunt, and even who among the greats was truly great.This introduction to the basics of sabermetric analysis explains concepts, including rmalization, peak versus career performance, linear weights and runs created, as well as popular calculations like OPS (On-base plus Slugging), WHIP (Walks and Hits per Inning Pitched), PF (Park Factor) and others increasingly used by baseball fans.
- Author BiographyGabriel B. Costa is on extended leave from Seton Hall University and is a math professor and associate chaplain at the United States Military Academy in West Point, New York. Michael R. Huber is an associate professor of math at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, Pennsylvania. John T. Saccoman is an associate professor of mathematics and computer science at Seton Hall University in New Jersey.
- Author(s)Gabriel B. Costa,John T. Saccoman,Michael R. Huber
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/06/2008
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Notetables, bibliography, index
- Weight268 g
- Width154 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.