All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is an academic endeavour catering to the requirements of the undergraduate and post graduate students of literature. It comprises of four major 118th Century verse satires in English: MacFlecke and Absalom and Achitophel by John Dryden, and The Rape of the Lock and An Epistle to Dr Arbutht by Alexander Pope. The book also has an introductory chapter on 18th Century British literature and the circumstances in which they were written and read in those years. It further contains critical introductions for each composition, as well as analysis and critical questions pertaining to the works. The book accumulates and assimilates almost all the existing readings and re-readings of the works included in it. The book would be highly beneficial for those with an interest in satire, as well as subject experts.
- Author BiographyDr Jaydip Sarkar is an Assistant Professor of English at University B.T & Evening College, North Bengal University, India. He has published widely and edited numerous critical essays including Kamala das and her Poetry and The Post Colonial Woman Question: Readings in Indian Women Novelists in English. Anindya Bhattacharya is an Assistant Professor in English at University B.T & Evening College, North Bengal University, India. He has presented several papers at conferences in India and abroad.
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationIndia
- Edited byAnindya Bhattacharya,Dr. Jaydip Sarkar
- Format DetailsPaperback / softback (stationery)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.