All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding Sensory Dysfunction is a clear and comprehensive resource to identifying and addressing sensory dysfunction in children, using a range of practical strategies to help them reach their full potential at home, at school and in the community. The authors explain the causes, contributing factors, symptoms and associated behaviors of sensory dysfunction, particularly when found in conditions such as autism spectrum disorders (ASDs), ADHD and bipolar disorder. Focusing on early intervention, they provide a host of tried and tested integration activities, assessment and curricular modifications, treatment options and useful equipment and resources that ultimately aim to limit or prevent the interference of sensory dysfunction with successful learning, socialization and skills development. This accessible and empowering book offers a unique approach to the condition and will help families, teachers and caregivers meet the particular needs of children with sensory dysfunction.
- Author BiographyPolly Godwin Emmons has a BS in Biology and a BA in Psychology from Binghamton University, a MSEd in Elementary Education from Elmira College, and holds certifications in Elementary Education and Special Education PreK-12. Polly lives in New York with her two children and is a Special Education teacher at a local high school. Liz McKendry Anderson has a MEd in Elementary Education from Lesley College, MSEd in Special Education from Binghamton University, and holds certifications in Elementary Education and Special Education PreK-12. She is the former director of Education for an Early Intervention Agency and is currently enrolled in a Doctoral Program for Education at Binghamton University. She lives with her husband Richard and their four children in New York.
- Author(s)Liz McKendry Anderson,Polly Godwin Emmons
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication17/05/2005
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.