All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is post-traumatic stress disorder? What does it feel like? And how can it be overcome? Trauma is a term that many of us find alienating and clinical. But in fact trauma is something most people encounter at some point in life, and post-traumatic stress - far from being a mental disorder - is a rmal reaction to abrmal events: even breaking a bone or witnessing a car crash. Drawing on 20 years of research and clinical practice, Roger Baker explains the many symptoms of post-traumatic stress and lays out a self help programme - emotional processing therapy - which can defuse the distressing memories of trauma and reduce the occurrence of flashbacks, nightmares and tensions. Dr Baker also advises strategies to prevent post-traumatic stress in the first place. Full of real-life case studies, this is essential reading for trauma sufferers, their family and friends, and specialists alike.
- Author BiographyDR ROGER BAKER is Professor of Clinical Psychology at Bournemouth University. He has worked in a dual role as researcher and clinical psychologist at Leeds, Aberdeen, and Bournemouth Universities and in NHS Trusts specialising in Mental Health. He is the author of the highly acclaimed Understanding Panic Attacks and Understanding Trauma.
- Author(s)Roger Baker
- PublisherLion Hudson Plc
- Date of Publication19/02/2010
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLion Books
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight196 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.