All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is inspired by impending changes of Croatian universities in the context of the globalization process, that is an effort to get into the European higher education area. The authors analyze the tion of university organizational culture, identifying it as a phemen that due to its exceptional power of regulation and control acts as a key variable for the adaptation of universities to current demands of the external setting. The organizational culture of a university can be identified, evaluated, and interpreted, but what is more important, it can be modified and changed in the desired direction. The typology of organizational culture follows mostly the typology of university governance or leadership, which very well demonstrates the interconnection between the observed phemena. Authors present and interpret the results of an empirical survey that was carried out on a sample of 476 university professors from all Croatian universities. The conclusion provides propositions for universities to develop desirable characteristics of university organizational culture, indicating a number of concrete changes so that the current organizational culture can cope with the present-day situation.
- Author BiographyThe Authors: Vesna Kovac is assistant professor at the University of Rijeka, Faculty of Arts and Sciences and current president of the Croatian Society for Development of Higher Education -Universitas-. Her research interest focuses on higher education policy and academic staff development. Jasminka Ledic is full professor at the University of Rijeka, Faculty of Arts and Sciences. Her research interest focuses on the history of education, civil society and higher education. She was appointed president of the Rector s Council Committee for the procedure of university teachers promotion. She was a Fulbright Fellow at the Indiana University Bloomington School of Education (1994/95) and winner of the National Award -Ivan Filipovic- for her contribution in higher education (2003). Branko Rafajac is full professor at the University of Rijeka, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, and former dean of the faculty. His research interest focuses on the sociology of education, methodology of educational research, and methodology of cultural research and statistics. He is a member of the Croatian National Council for Higher Education.
- Author(s)Branko Rafajac,Jasminka Ledic,Vesna Kovac
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleBeitrage Zur Vergleichenden Bildungsforschung/Studies in Comparative Educations
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notetables and graphs
- Weight440 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.25Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.