All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAny student who has ever logged credits in a viticulture and elogy class kws David Bird s book: it is the most widely assigned wine science primer in the English-speaking world. This completely revised and updated edition to Bird s classic textbook deciphers all the new scientific advances from the last several years, and conveys them in his typically clear and plainspoken style that renders even the densest subject matter freshman friendly. The new material includes an expanded section on the production of red, rose, white, sweet, sparkling, and fortified wines; information on histamine, flash detente, maceration, and whole bunch and whole berry fermentation; an expanded chapter on wine faults, including Brettamyces; a new section on HACCP analysis as applied to a winery; and much more.
- Author BiographyDavid Bird is trained as an analytical chemist and in 1981 became a Master of Wine and a Chartered Chemist. He specializes in quality assurance techniques, such as ISO 9000 and HACCP, and has been involved with wine activities and education in France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Hungary, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway, the Netherlands, Ukraine, Moldova, Russia, China, Algeria, Australia, Scotland, Ireland, and England.
- Author(s)David Bird
- PublisherWine Appreciation Guild
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationSouth San Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWine Appreciation Guild
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour illustrations, figures
- Weight408 g
- Width150 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement3rd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.81Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.