All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book provides a model for the structural evolution of the Himalaya with relevant background information making it easily accessible to earth scientists specializing in other areas. The book is divided into two parts: The first part describes the basic principles of structural geology that are required to understand the evolutionary model described in the second part. The book incorporates some of the commonly igred structural features, such as Pre-Himalayan rift tectonics, reactivation of faults, simultaneous development of folds and thrust faults, superposed folds, strike-slip faults developed during early and superposed deformation, problems with GPS data, erratic crustal shortening obtained by restoration of deformed sections, etc. The proposed model is essentially based on inversion tectonics and provides answers to some previously unresolved questions. It describes in detail the structure of the Himalaya as a primary arc, with supporting evidence from model deformation under controlled boundary conditions and anisotropy of magnetic susceptibility studies.
- Author BiographyAshok Dubey, Dehradun, India.
- Author(s)Ashok Dubey
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication08/07/2014
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Series TitleSpringer Geology
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note294 black & white illustrations, 12 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight789 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.46
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.