All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis user-friendly text takes a learn-by-doing approach to exploring research design issues in education and psychology, offering evenhanded coverage of quantitative, qualitative, mixed-methods, and single-case designs. Readers learn the basics of different methods and steps for critically examining any study's design, data, and conclusions, using sample peer-reviewed journal articles as practice opportunities. The text is unique in featuring full chapters on survey methods, evaluation, reliability and validity, action research, and research syntheses. Pedagogical Features Include: *An exemplar journal article at the end of each methods chapter, together with questions and activities for critiquing it (including, where applicable, checklist forms to identify threats to internal and external validity), plus lists of additional research examples. *Research example boxes showing how studies are designed to address particular research questions. *In every chapter: numbered chapter objectives, bulleted summaries, subheadings written as questions, a running glossary, and end-of-chapter discussion questions. * Electronic Instructor's Resource Manual with Test Bank, provided separately--includes chapter outlines; answers to exercises, discussion questions, and illustrative example questions; and PowerPoints.
- Author BiographyRonald C. Martella, PhD, is Professor of Special Education at Eastern Washington University. He has over 26 years of experience working with at-risk populations and provides technical assistance to numerous states and districts on positive behavior support/behavior management for students with or without disabilities. Dr. Martella has over 140 professional publications, including several literacy programs and interventions. J. Ron Nelson, PhD, is Professor at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. He has over 20 years of experience in the field of special education as a teacher, technical assistance provider, and professor. A recipient of the Distinguished Initial Career Research Award from the Council for Exceptional Children, Dr. Nelson has more than 150 publications that focus on serving children at risk of school failure and research issues. He has developed a number of behavior and literacy interventions. Robert L. Morgan, PhD, is Professor in the Department of Special Education and Rehabilitation at Utah State University and serves as the Head of the Severe Disabilities Teacher Preparation Program and Chair of the Undergraduate Committee. He worked in schools, adult residential facilities, and supported employment programs for 11 years. Dr. Morgan's research interests and more than 100 publications address issues including transition from school to adult roles and applied behavior analysis. Nancy E. Marchand-Martella, PhD, is a Professor of Special Education at Eastern Washington University. She has over 26 years of experience working with at-risk populations, including serving as a consultant for the Washington Improvement and Implementation Network and the Washington State Striving Readers Grant, and as a Reading First panel member. Dr. Marchand-Martella has over 150 professional publications, including several literacy programs and interventions.
- Author(s)J. Ron Nelson,Nancy E. Marchand-Martella,Robert L. Morgan,Ronald C. Martella
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication05/06/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight1352 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.