CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionThe third edition of Patricia Cranton's Understanding and Promoting Transformative Learning brings a wealth of new insight from the tremendous growth in the field during the decade since the previous edition. As in the previous editions, the book helps adult educators understand what transformative learning is, distinguish it from other forms of learning, and foster it in their practice. The first part of the book is dedicated to clarifying transformative learning theory and relating it to other theoretical frameworks. The author examines transformative learning from the learner's perspective, and discusses individual differences in how learners go through the process. In the second half of the book, the focus is squarely on strategies for promoting transformative learning in a wide variety of adult and higher education contexts. Practitioners will be able to take ideas from the text and apply them directly in their teaching. Since 1975, transformative learning has become a core theoretical perspective in adult and higher education, and research has proliferated. In the past decade, adult education and especially transformative learning grew into a ticeably larger field. The numbers of undergraduate and graduate programs in adult education have increased and continue to increase as more and more individuals are seeking the expertise, skills, and training necessary to work with adult learners in higher education, business, industry, government, health professions, n-profit organizations, and community development. In addition, the number of programs in higher education (both undergraduate and graduate) that include courses in transformative learning has grown dramatically. These academic audiences use the book to further their understanding of transformative learning theory and practice. Drawing on the latest research as well as the author's own teaching experience in both online and face-to-face courses, this new edition will be a vital resource for members of the transformative learning community, as well as those encountering the topic for the first time.
- Author BiographyPatricia Cranton is currently affiliated with the University of New Brunswick in Canada and Teachers College, Columbia University in the United States. She has held positions at McGill University, Brock University, University of New Brunswick, St. Francis Xavier University, and Penn State University. Patricia has been teaching courses in transformative learning for 20 years, and has written or edited several books, including The Handbook of Transformative Learning: Theory, Research and Practice (co-edited with Ed Taylor, 2012). In 2014, she was inducted into the International Hall of Fame for Adult and Continuing Education.
- Author(s)Patricia Cranton
- PublisherStylus Publishing
- Date of Publication30/06/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationSterling, VA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStylus Publishing
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.