Understanding and Treating the Pathological Gambler by Celine Doucet, Claude Boutin, Caroline Sylvain, Robert Ladouceur (Paperback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $64.50+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding and Treating the Pathological Gambler provides a combination of theory and practical solutions for the clinician working with pathological gamblers. The first half of this title discusses the history, theories and evaluation of gamblers and gambling while the second provides clinicians with interventions, based on scientific research, for the cessation of abusive gambling, including strategies for long-term abstinence and relapse prevention. Written by a world rewned expert on the subject Provides a balanced combination of theory and practical solutions A must for anyone involved in the treatment of pathological gamblers
- Author BiographyRobert Ladouceur, Ph.D., is Professor of Psychology at Laval University in Quebec City. After his doctoral studies, he completed post-doctoral fellow at Temple University in Philadelphia. His work on gambling is internationally known. His model focuses on the cognitive variables in the acquisition and maintenance of gambling behavior. In 1996, he received a research award from the national Council on Problem Gambling, recognizing the high quality of his work. Caroline Sylvain, hold a Ph.D. in psychology. Over the years she has presented many conferences and held workshops on the treatment on excessive gambling. Her doctoral thesis largely contributed towards the elaboration of the treatment development in this book. With her colleagues, she has developed a step-by-step treatment guide for excessive gamblers which is endorsed by Quebec Government.Claude Boutin has published and reviewed many articles and book chapters about excessive gambling for which his expertise has received worldwide acknowledgement. As an active researcher and psychologist, he was directly implicated in the development and application of the treatment presented in this book. He also contributed to the step-by-step treatment guide mentioned above.Celine Doucet is a clinician and psychologist who works in collaboration with the Center for Prevention and Treatment of Gambling in Montreal. As a researcher she conceived and participated in the treatment presented here. She also offers therapy for gamblers and their significant others. With her colleagues, she currently gives many training sessions about excessive gambling. She also contributed to the step-by-step treatment guide mentioned above.
- Author(s)Caroline Sylvain,Celine Doucet,Claude Boutin,Robert Ladouceur
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/02/2002
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight300 g
- Width124 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.