All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis engaging book fills a substantial gap in the understanding of Caribbean enterprises, focusing upon FOBs (family-owned businesses) about which, despite accounting for 70% of private sector employment in the region, very little is kwn. Concentrating on MSMEs which represent the majority of FOBs in the English-speaking Caribbean, the authors compare and contrast their experiences to those in developed countries, focusing in particular on areas such as family business succession, business financing and marketing. Understanding the Caribbean Enterprise provides context-specific lessons from a historical perspective of business and entrepreneurship, which in turn provide an understanding of the current issues facing MSMEs and FOBs in the English-speaking Caribbean.
- Author BiographyLawrence A. Nicholson is a lecturer and Head of the Decision Sciences and Information System Unit at the Mona School of Business and Management, The University of the West Indies, Jamaica. He holds a PhD. in Decision and Information Sciences and has published in the areas of supply chain management and family-owned businesses. Jonathan G. Lashley is a Fellow at the Sir Arthur Lewis Institute of Social and Economic Studies (SALISES) at The University of the West Indies, Barbados, and he holds a PhD in Economics from the University of Leicester, UK. His research centres on issues related to sustainable socio-economic development, and his work has been published both regionally and internationally.
- Author(s)Jonathan Lashley,Lawrence A. Nicholson
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication25/06/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note4 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight329 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.