All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnderstanding the Danish Forest School Approach is a much needed source of information for those wishing to extend and consolidate their understanding of the Forest School Approach in Denmark and how it is used in the teaching and learning of young children. It will enable the reader to analyse the essential elements of this Approach to early childhood and its relationship to quality early years practice. Exploring all areas of the curriculum including the social and political background to using nature pedagogy, the organisation of early years settings, the learning environment and risk management, this book: * describes the key principles of the Forest School approach to early childhood supported with examples and case studies; * provides students and practitioners with the relevant information about a key pedagogical influence on high quality early years practice in the United Kingdom; * highlights the key ideas that practitioners should consider when reviewing and reflecting on their own practice; * can be used as the basis for continuing professional development Written to support the work of all those in the field of early years education and childcare, this is a vital text for students, early years and childcare practitioners, teachers, early years professionals, children's centre professionals, lecturers, advisory teachers, head teachers and setting managers.
- Author BiographyJane Williams-Siegfredsen is Director and Consultant for Inside-Out Nature, based in Denmark.
- Author(s)Jane Williams-Siegfredson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/11/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleUnderstanding the ! Approach
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables, 12 black & white halftones, 4 black & white line drawings
- Weight226 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.