All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnglish Language Leaners in the United States are expected to read at grade level in all their courses after just a single year of ESL classes, despite the fact that many enter the U.S. school system without adequate preparation. Because these students must read well in all subject areas, all teachers - t only ESL teachers - are, in many ways, English Teachers. In this book Popko explains in a practical, easy-to-understand terms the challenges that English Learners face when it comes to reading. He covers the most pertinent and pressing matters impeding the learning of those students, including:* Standards, such as the Common Core State Standards, and how content-area teachers can scaffold student instruction to meet those standards* Language needs, such as the kwledge and information English learners should focus on in order to read at grade level; and* Sociocultural factors, such as widely ranging cultural experiences and background kwledge. This book provides countless strategies and resources, helpful background information and reflection questions, and invaluable suggestions and tips for helping your English learners overcome their reading challenges and achieve academic excellence.
- Author(s)Jeff Popko
- PublisherTeachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages, Incorporated (TESOL)
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleESOL for Different Professions Series
- Place of PublicationAlexandria, LA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages, Incorporated (TESOL)
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.