All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionUsually once a year Switzerland's water reservoirs, which are located deep below ground, are emptied and cleaned. Silvio Maraini photographed the empty, abstract, and at the same time grand-looking spaces on precisely these days. They are monuments of our civilization, reminiscent of temples with columns, church domes, or even abandoned subway stations. The results are stunning architectural photos of rare and magnificent beauty with an almost spiritual character. In his preface, Benedikt Loderer writes: A water reservoir is also a storage of patience that preserves a piece of eternity. In the future, after the next ice age, archeologists will discover these intact burial chambers and wonder what type of cult they belonged to.
- Author(s)Silvio Maraini
- PublisherBenteli Verlag
- Date of Publication13/10/2016
- Place of PublicationWabern-Bern
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintBenteli Verlag
- Weight1320 g
- Width280 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.