All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy reframing immigrant rights movements within a transnational analysis of capitalism, labour exploitation, settler colonialism, state building and racialised empire, Undoing Border Imperialism offers relevant insights for effective strategies to cultivate sustainable communities striving toward liberation. Contains short contributions from over twenty organisers and writers from across North America.
- Author BiographyHarsha Walia is a South Asian activist, writer, and popular educator rooted in migrant justice, Indigenous solidarity, Palestinian liberation, antiracist, feminist, anti-imperialist, and anticapitalist movements and communities for over a decade. She has most recently been affiliated with No One Is Illegal, South Asian Network for Secularism and Democracy, Women s Memorial March Committee for Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women, Downtown Eastside Is Not for Developers Coalition, and the Olympic Resistance Network. She is the cocreator of a short film, and her writings have appeared in thirty academic journals, anthologies, magazines, and mainstream newspapers as well as on alternative Web sites. Andrea Smith is an intellectual, writer, and activist. She cofounded INCITE! Women of Color Against Violence and currently teaches as University of California, Riverside. She's author of Conquest and editor of The Color of Violence Contributors include Yogi Acharya, Carmen Aguirre, Tara Atluri, Annie Banks, Mel Bazil, Nazila Bettache, Adil Charkaoui, Yen Chu, Karen Cocq, Jessica Danforth, Ruby Smith Diaz, Nassim Elbardouh, Craig Fortier, Harjap Grewal, Mostafa Henaway, Freda Huson, Syed Khalid Hus- san, Jane Kirby, Aylwin Lo, Karla Lottini, Alex Mah, Robyn Maynard, Graciela Flores Mendez, Cecily Nicholson, Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha, Toghestiy, Sozan Savehilaghi, Mac Scott, Lily Shinde, and Rafeef Ziadah.
- Author(s)Harsha Walia
- PublisherAK Press
- Date of Publication06/05/2014
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAK Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight279 g
- Width114 mm
- Height164 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $45.70Trending at AU $72.17
- AU $21.27Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $18.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.