Unemployment and Health: International and Interdisciplinary Perspectives by Australian Academic Press (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $75.68Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $83.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis outstanding book provides a rare insight into ground-breaking comprehensive research from Europe, Australia, Asia and the United States on the health impact of unemployment on the individual and the community. Featuring authors from across the fields of psychology, medicine, ecomics, sociology, occupational health and organisational development, Unemployment and Health outlines current theory and findings about the factors responsible for the generally detrimental health effects of being out of work or in unstable employment. This book is a vital resource for policy-makers, social workers, educators, researchers, students and anyone with an interest in the global effects of unemployment on the human condition. Unemployment and Health is based on presentations by leading researchers at the Second International Expert Conference organised by the Scientific Committee Unemployment and Health of the International Commission on Occupational Health (ICOH) on 'Occupational Transitions: Unemployment, Underemployment and Health', held in Adelaide, Australia in December 2001. The activities of this body bring together researchers working specifically on occupational health issues related to employment with those focusing on the health effects of being out of work in a society centred on paid employment. Thus the ICOH Scientific Committee tries to bridge these two areas that are traditionally separated and to reduce the gap between unemployment research and occupational health. The Adelaide conference was the second international conference. The first one, held in Paris in 1998, focused on interventions with unemployed people. Additional contributions have been invited from other leading researchers who were unable to attend the conference.
- Author BiographyThomas Kieselbach is professor of Work and Health Psychology and head of the Institute for Psychology of Work, Unemployment, and Health (IPG) at the University of Bremen, Germany. Tony Winefield, PhD, is Professor and Director of the Centre for Applied Psychological Research at the University of South Australia. He obtained his PhD at University College London, and worked at the University of Adelaide for many years before joining the University of South Australia in 1999 as Foundation Professor of Psychology. Carolyn Boyd is a research assistant at the University of South Australia's Centre for Applied Psychological Research. She is also completing a doctoral thesis at Flinders University in South Australia. Sarah Anderson is a research assistant at the Centre for Applied Psychological Research at the University of South Australia.
- PublisherAustralian Academic Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBowen Hills, QLD
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAustralian Academic Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight377 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byAnthony H. Winefield,Carolyn Boyd,Sarah Anderson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $18.62New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
- AU $24.96New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.92New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $32.17New
- AU $20.04New
- AU $20.03New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.75Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $57.72Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.