All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRoss Bleckner, Eric Fischl and David Salle each came intotheir own during the 1980s when they graduated from theCalifornia Institute of Arts and developed painting stylesthat would characterise their work for decades to come. Thisbook examines nine paintings and accompanying drawingsby each artist made between 1975 and 1985, juxtaposingthem in aspects of structure and purpose that have t beenpreviously ackwledged. Featured texts include a reflectionby Mary Heilmann, a timeline organised by Witt Kegel andSarah Silverstein, an analytical essay by David Pagel and anintroduction by Terrie Sultan that draws on intimate interviewsin which the artists expound upon their vision and goals in artschool, their subsequent move to New York and the friendshipthat continues to inspire and motivate each of them in theircurrent homes on Long Island.
- Author BiographyDAVID PAGEL, an internationally renowned critic and curator, is Professorof Art Theory and History at Claremont Graduate University in Claremont,California. TERRIE SULTAN is Director of the Parrish Art Museum, Water Mill,New York.
- Author(s)David Pagel
- Date of Publication27/07/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note70 illustrations, 55 in colour
- Weight703 g
- Width250 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.