Unfinished Business: Paul Keating's Interrupted Revolution by David Love (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.49Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 16 Mar
- AU $9.95+ AU $7.45 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by army_of_nerds
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the early 1980s, Paul Keating set out to reinvent the Australian ecomy. He floated the Australian dollar, liberated banking and finance from its regulatory shackles, and - most significantly - introduced a universal superannuation scheme. The results were astounding growth in the value of our national ecomy and in the personal wealth of ordinary Australians. Keating's revolution was based on his insight that, by encouraging all of us to save for retirement, a huge pool of investment capital would be created that would help enrich the nation. But the fulfilment of his vision was denied by his political opponents after the Australian people voted Keating out in 1996. In this book, David Love, a veteran ecomic and financial observer, explores the story of Keating's revolution - a story that has never before been fully told - and sounds a timely warning that the failure to finish the job Keating started has left our new-found prosperity vulnerable, particularly in the current climate of international ecomic uncertainty. The revolution, it turns out, is at least as relevant to the future as it has been to the past.
- Author BiographyAuthors Bio, not available
- PrizesWinner of NSW Premier's Literary Award Gleebooks Award for Cultural & Literary Criticism 2009.
- Author(s)David Love
- PublisherScribe Publications
- Date of Publication04/08/2008
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCarlton North
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintScribe Publications
- Weight360 g
- Width154 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.