All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the information age, telecommunications is the pillar of a strong ecomy. To developing countries, restructuring this industry is a necessary step toward integration into the world ecomy. Restructuring telecommunications, therefore, has been a pervasive issue in the ecomic reform programs of many countries in recent years. However, the nature of these changes has varied widely among these nations. Unfinished Business examines the process of reform in Mexico and contrasts it with that of the United States, Brazil, and New Zealand, examining both the ecomic and techlogical aspects of this highly complex situation. Using interviews with key players in the policy process, Mariscal provides a detailed analysis of key elements and figures. Her multidisciplinary perspective allows for a full exploration of the international differences in telecommunications restructuring. Going beyond simply asking why privatization and deregulation policies were successfully implemented in Mexico, the work offers a comprehensive guide to the process and impact of policy choices on telecommunications development.
- Author BiographyJUDITH MARISCAL is a Professor at CIDE, a Mexican research institution./e She received her Ph.D. from the Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs at the University of Texas at Austin, and is currently the Director of the Research Program on Telecommunications at CIDE.
- Author(s)Judith Mariscal
- Date of Publication28/02/2002
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight432 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.