All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionInvestigative reporter Christy Madaris doesn't want to complicate her life with romance. She made that mistake once when she believed Alex Maxwell's promise to marry her. True, Alex made that promise when Christy was just a teenager. But she believed him with all her heart-and when Alex laughed it off years later, Christy was crushed. The owner of his own P.I. firm, Alex Maxwell refuses to compromise everything he's worked for to hor a silly promise. Christy should have kwn he was only teasing, right? But when Alex finally sees Christy again, he kws he made a big mistake. She has grown up into a smart and stunning woman-and Alex can't get her off his mind. When Christy's latest story takes a dark turn, the Madaris brothers ask Alex to keep her safe. But putting Alex in charge of Christy is like putting a rooster in charge of the hen house! The more she snubs him, the more he wants her. But when Christy's life is in danger, can Alex save her before it's too late?
- Author BiographyBrenda Jackson is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of numerous novels, including the Westmorelands series and, from St. Martin's Press, Some Like It Hot, Taste of Passion and The Playa's Handbook, among others. She was the first African-American author to have a book published under the Harlequin/Silhouette Desire line of books and the first African-American romance author to make USA Today 's Bestseller's List and the New York Times Bestseller's List for the series romance genre. Jackson has a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Jacksonville University, and worked for thirty-seven years in management at a major insurance company. She now divides her time between family, writing and traveling. She has been married for thirty-seven years to her childhood sweetheart, Gerald, and they have two sons. She lives in the city where she was born, Jacksonville, Florida.
- Author(s)Brenda Jackson
- PublisherSt. Martin's Griffin
- Date of Publication05/04/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Series TitleMadaris Family Novels
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt. Martin's Griffin
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.