All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $66.80Free postage
- AU $68.19Free postage
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionWith documented evidence of one thousand vessels wrecked or sustaining severe damage along Western Australia's torious Shipwreck Coast since 1616, this updated and expanded second edition documents in detail one-hundred-and-seventy shipwrecks from the period 1622 to1850. Lavishly illustrated, contains easy-to-follow charts locating each of the shipwrecks as well as meticulously researched historical accounts.
- Author BiographyGraeme Henderson's interest in shipwrecks was sparked as a 16-year-old when he found the 1656 wreck of the Dutch East India Company vessel Vergulde Draeck on the Western Australian coast. Later, as a maritime archaeologist with the Western Australian Museum, Graeme developed the Museum's colonial shipwrecks program and, during the 1980s, brought together a twenty-country committee to develop a charter that formed the core of the UNESCO Convention on the Protection of the Underwater Cultural Heritage. Graeme was Director of the Western Australian Maritime Museum from 1992 until 2005 and in 2002 was named Western Australian Citizen of the Year in the category of Arts, Culture and Entertainment. Graeme's books include: Maritime Archaeology in Australia, The Sirius Past and Present (co-authored with Myra Stanbury), Western Australians and the Sea (co-authored with Frank Broeze), Unfinished Voyages 1851-1880 (co-authored with Kandy-Jane Henderson) and Unfinished Voyages 1881-1900 (co-authored with Lynn Cairns).
- Author(s)Graeme Henderson
- PublisherUWA Publishing
- Date of Publication01/08/2007
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationCrawley, WA
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintUniversity of Western Australia Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1780 g
- Width249 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.