All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe main focus of this volume is on urbanity as a discursive way of human life in the city. Discourse is specified here in terms of semiotic codes and processes that link city dwellers as communicating selves into interpersonal and inter subjective collectivities when they create and interpret similar meanings embodied in material bearers. Accordingly, the unfolding of the semiotic web is understood, firstly, as detecting and evaluating the growth and manifestation of the sphere of meaning-bearers or a sequence of meaning-bearing events, and secondly, as identifying and explaining the constituents and aspects of discourse in the light of signs and/or sign-processes that aggregate individual participants of communication into discursive linkages on a lower level and discursive communities - on a higher level of social grouping. Some contributions deal with the discursive properties of human individuals in urban environments, and some others are devoted either to the meta-discourses on the city or discourses in the city.
- Author BiographyZdzislaw Wasik is Professor of Linguistic Semiotics and Rector of Philological School of Higher Education in Wroclaw (Poland). His didactic experience has been enriched through the cooperation with universities and vocational schools of higher education in Wroclaw, Opole, Poznan, and Torun, as well as in Walbrzych, and Jelenia Gora. He has published several books and articles on the typology of interrogative utterancees, semiotic and ecological properties of language, and history of linguistic ideas.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication09/05/2011
- Series TitlePhilologica Wratislaviensia: From Grammar to Discourse
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note99, fig., tables and graphs
- Weight400 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byZdzislaw Wasik
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.