All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen NPR Weekend Edition Saturday host Scott Simon began tweeting from his mother's hospital room in July 2013, he didn't kw that his missives would soon spread well beyond his 1.2 million followers. Squeezing the magnitude of his final days with her into 140-charater updates, Simon's evocative and moving meditations spread virally. Simon chronicled his mother's death and reflected on her life, revealing her humour and strength, and celebrating the love of family. The world hung on Simon's every word and his mother's eventual passing made national news, attracting attention from international news media like the Today Show, The New Yorker, and The New York Times. Inspired by those famous tweets, in Unforgettable, Simon offers a deeply affecting, heart-wrenching memoir. His mother was glamorous woman of the Mad Men-era who worked in nightclubs, modelled, dated mobsters and movie stars, and was a brave single parent to young Scott Simon. Simon's memories are laced with her humour and strength and gives voice to the experience we all have of confronting our parents' deaths. Unforgettable is one man's moving tribute to his mother's colourful life and graceful death, but it is also powerful portrait of the universal bond between mother and child.
- Author BiographySCOTT SIMON is one of America's most admired writers and broadcasters, having reported from all over the world and from many wars. He is now the award-winning host of Weekend Edition Saturday. With over 4 million listeners it is the most-listened to news program on NPR. Simon has won a Peabody and an Emmy for his reporting and also has over 1.2 million followers on Twitter.
- Author(s)Scott Simon
- PublisherFlatiron Books
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFlatiron Books
- Out-of-print date08/07/2016
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.