All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEpistemology is a branch of philosophy that studies the origin, nature and limits of human kwledge. Contemporary epistemology is a theory of kwledge in terms of reasons, evidence, justification and explanation. This book shows how Anglo-American philosophers captivated by the power of modern science and concomitant advances in logic and mathematics mistook kwledge itself to be reducible to the propositions of science and logic. Ethics, along with metaphysics and religion, were cast off as mere expressions of sentiment at best, or as utter nsense at worst. Is science the only source of kwledge? Can ethics count as kwledge? Are there kinds of kwledge beyond epistemology? This book develops invative answers to these and other related questions.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication14/01/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight182 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Edited byDaniel P. Haggerty
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.81Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.