About this product
- DescriptionNot every kid skips a rock across a pond and winds up with a unicorn best friend, right? School's out! That means more teachers, more books, and lots of time to compliment Marigold Heavenly Nostrils on her good looks. In this third volume, Phoebe and her obligational best friend, Marigold, learn that summer still has plenty of surprises for the both of them. All of our old friends are back - Dakota, upon whom Marigold has bestowed sentient hair; Phoebe's goofy parents, and even Lord Splendid Humility! Have fun as Phoebe and Marigold continue the Phoebegold Detective Agency, spend a week at Wolfgang Music Camp, and find themselves in more misadventures, thanks to Marigold's enchanted sparkles! Along the way, Phoebe makes some new friends, such as Sue - her unique clarinet-playing bunkmate, Florence Unfortunate Nostrils, Marigold's estranged sister, and Camp Wolfgang's lake monster who enjoys tacos and Wi-Fi. When school resumes, read along as Phoebe enjoys (or suffers from) a brief case of popularity, mentally catalogs her grievances against dodge ball, and, with Marigold's help, rescues Dakota and her hair from the queen of the goblins. Through these wacky adventures, Phoebe and Marigold learn that their friendship is the second most magical thing of all, after Marigold's beauty, of course.
- Author BiographyDana Claire Simpson grew up in Gig Harbor, Washington, drawing the entire time. She eventually graduated from The Evergreen State College, despite having spent all her time drawing, and not always for credit. Attempts at doing real work along the way are hardly worth mentioning; the relevant fact is that, from 1998 to 2008, she drew the internet comic strip Ozy and Millie. After winning the Amazon-sponsored Comic Strip Superstar Contest in 2009, Universal Uclick signed her to a development deal for Heavenly Nostrils, which was later renamed Phoebe and Her Unicorn. She currently lives in Santa Barbara, California, with her tech genius husband and her fairly stupid cat.
- Author(s)Dana Simpson
- PublisherAndrews McMeel Publishing
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectChildren's Comic Strip Fiction & Graphic Novels
- Series TitlePhoebe and Her Unicorn
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationKansas City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAndrews McMeel Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight289 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 8
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.