All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.95
About this product
- DescriptionIn this new edition of a classic work on empirical processes the author, an ackwledged expert, gives a thorough treatment of the subject with the addition of several proved theorems t included in the first edition, including the Bretaglle-Massart theorem giving constants in the Komlos-Major-Tusnady rate of convergence for the classical empirical process, Massart's form of the Dvoretzky-Kiefer-Wolfowitz inequality with precise constant, Talagrand's generic chaining approach to boundedness of Gaussian processes, a characterization of uniform Glivenko-Cantelli classes of functions, Gine and Zinn's characterization of uniform Donsker classes, and the Bousquet-Koltchinskii-Panchenko theorem that the convex hull of a uniform Donsker class is uniform Donsker. The book will be an essential reference for mathematicians working in infinite-dimensional central limit theorems, mathematical statisticians, and computer scientists working in computer learning theory. Problems are included at the end of each chapter so the book can also be used as an advanced text.
- Author BiographyR. M. Dudley is a Professor of Mathematics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)R. M. Dudley
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication24/02/2014
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number142
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight880 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.