All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn earlier forewords to the books in this series on Discrete Event Dynamic Systems (DEDS), we have dwelt on the pervasive nature of DEDS in our human-made world. From manufacturing plants to computer/communication networks, from traffic systems to command-and-control, modern civilization cant function without the smooth operation of such systems. Yet mathemat- ical tools for the analysis and synthesis of DEDS are nascent when compared to the well developed machinery of the continuous variable dynamic systems char- acterized by differential equations. The performance evaluation tool of choice for DEDS is discrete event simulation both on account of its generality and its explicit incorporation of randomness. As it is well kwn to students of simulation, the heart of the random event simulation is the uniform random number generator. Not so well kwn to the practitioners are the philosophical and mathematical bases of generating random number sequence from deterministic algorithms. This editor can still recall his own painful introduction to the issues during the early 80's when he attempted to do the first perturbation analysis (PA) experiments on a per- sonal computer which, unbekwnst to him, had a random number generator with a period of only 32,768 numbers. It is exaggeration to say that the development of PA was derailed for some time due to this igrance of the fundamentals of random number generation.
- Author(s)Shu Tezuka
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication22/12/2012
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleThe Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science
- Series Part/Volume Number315
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight349 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1995
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.