Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by tzatiki
- Est. delivery by 29 Jan
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLook around, and uniforms are everywhere. They're a way of belonging and of making people belong. Armies, police forces, and militias once led the way, but today uniforms are used by a new generation of service industries, from security guards to cabin crew. This book catalogs iconic uniforms from around the world, from the traditional helmets worn by London bobbies to the futuristic protective body armor of the French riot police, from the high camp of airline uniforms to the utilitarian styles of the fast food worker. Subconsciously, a uniform oils the wheels of the world. We accept orders from a uniformed guard, respect the diagsis of a doctor or nurse, and feel better about entrusting that important package with a uniformed private delivery company operative. Featuring uniforms from all walks of life military, school, sports teams, and work wear the book examines how fashion has been influenced by uniform design and how fashion has, in turn, been reinterpreted by uniform designers. This book would appeal to both consumers and fashion students and professionals.
- Author BiographyBill Dunn has been at the forefront of men's style journalism, joining GQ magazine soon after its launch. As style editor he has discovered and interviewed everyone in international men's fashion from the late Gianni Versace to Tom Ford. Later he became senior editor of Esquire. He is currently editor of Redwood's global, multi-award winning, 1.5-million circulation LIV magazine. He is the author of the men's fashion book Man About Town.
- Author(s)Bill Dunn
- PublisherLaurence King Publishing
- Date of Publication16/03/2009
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLaurence King Publishing
- Out-of-print date01/11/2010
- Content Note294 illustrations, 247 in colour
- Weight900 g
- Width170 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.46
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.