All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book addresses the perpetual issue of state sovereignty in the federal union-states rights'. From the 1770s, through the Confederate states secession, and continuing until w, a central issue of governance is state power to object to, cancel, or be immune from federal law. The issue is fervently debated in the political arena by Tea Party efforts to limit federal intervention in education and health care; and the nullification movement efforts to prevent federal gun control and marijuana regulations. And it is a linchpin of the Supreme Courts ruling on the Voting Rights Act. This volume provides an intelligent voice in the debate about states' rights -- interposition, nullification, secession, constitutional amendment -- 150 years after Fort Sumter.
- Author BiographyNeil H. Cogan has been on the faculty of Whittier Law School since 2001. He was dean of the law school and vice president for legal education for the college from 2001 to 2009. During his deanship, the law school established the Center for International and Comparative Law, the Institute for Legal Writing and Professional Skills, the Institute for Student and Graduate Academic Support, the Institute for Trial Advocacy, and six Summer Study Abroad Programs. He has edited books and written articles on constitutional law, civil rights, and civil and criminal procedure; his The Complete Bill of Rights (1997) has been frequently cited by the United States Supreme Court and in the scholarly literature. With former dean Don Lively, he is at work on a new form of case book to be published by Aspen Press.
- PublisherThe University of Akron Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationAkron, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Akron Press
- Weight508 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byNeil H. Cogan
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $36.17Trending at AU $70.69
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.