United! United!: Man United in the '70s: The Players' Stories by Andy Mitten (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.53Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith Lou Macari, Joe Jordan, Martin Buchan, Gordon Hill, Tommy Docherty, Gerry Daly, Sammy McIlroy, Jimmy Greenhoff, Jimmy Nicholl and Stuart Pearson Following the success of his books on United in the 1980s and '90s, Andy Mitten has travelled far and wide to track down ten of Manchester United's stars from 1970s - including Martin Buchan, Lou Macari, Sammy McIlroy, Gordon Hill, Gerry Daly, Joe Jordan, Jimmy Greenhoff - as well as The Doc himself, to open the door to the Old Trafford dressing room during one of the most enthralling eras in the history of England's greatest club. A highly respected journalist and editor of the influential United We Stand fanzine, Mitten has produced ather book packed with brilliantly colourful anecdotes that transports the reader back to a time when the players were t highly paid, went to the pub after training and played hard on and off the pitch. His interviewees discuss t only cup final joys and disasters but also behind the scenes politics, sackings, relegation, hooliganism, bust ups and mad pranks. United! United! is an astonishingly candid and entertaining look at the decade when the Red Army and United's wingers went on the rampage from Northampton to Norwich, George Best went AWOL, four managers tried to fill Matt Busby's shoes and fans were fenced in.
- Author BiographyAndy Mitten is the editor of the acclaimed United We Stand magazine. He also writes for The Independent, has written several United books apart from the ones in this series (including The Rough Guide to Man United - ISBN 13: 978-1843530-07-7) as well as ghost-writing Paddy Crerand's autobiography (Paddy Crerand: Never Turn The Other Cheek - ISBN 13: 978-0007247-61-5). He contributes to numerous radio and TV stations on United issues and his great uncle, Charlie Mitten, played for United in the 1930s and 40s.
- Author(s)Andy Mitten
- PublisherVision Sports Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication13/10/2011
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVision Sports Publishing Ltd
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width150 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.