All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a mathematical potpourri. Its material originated in classroom presentations, formal lectures, sections of earlier books, book reviews, or just things written by the author for his own pleasure. Written in a ntechnical fashion, this book expresses the unique vision and attitude of the author towards the role of mathematics in society. It contains observations or incidental remarks on mathematics, its nature, its impacts on education and science and techlogy, its personalities and their philosophies. The book is directed towards the math buffs of the world and, more generally, towards the literate and interested public. Philip Davis is kwn for his work in numerical analysis and approximation theory, as well as his investigations in the history and philosophy of mathematics. Currently a Professor Emeritus from the Division of Applied Mathematics at Brown University, Davis is kwn for his books both in the areas of computational mathematics and approximation theory and for books exploring certain questions in the philosophy of mathematics and the role of mathematics in society.
- Author BiographyPhilip J. Davis, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA.
- Author(s)Philip J. Davis
- PublisherAmerican Mathematical Society
- Date of Publication30/09/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationProvidence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Mathematical Society
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.